Besides the ones Marvin mentioned, you also have a couple of other options.

the example below will open the JPG image using the default program used to
handle JPG files
system('cmd /c start ""
C:\DOCUME~1\churchil\MYDOCU~1\MYDROP~1\images\SABBAT~1.JPG')

while this example will open it explicitly with mspaint
system('cmd /c start "" C:\WINDOWS\system32\mspaint.exe