On 3/19/02 9:04 AM, "Stathy G. Touloumis" <stathy.touloumis / edventions.com>
wrote:

> I was wondering if this is more a compiler issue than a platform issue.  Or
> is it that the Ruby source does not take into account certain optimizations
> for the MS architecture.

Back when the thread was hot and heavy I tried some of the test cases on my
Mac and got similar times to the Linux guys after allowing for the fact that
mine is an old 350 MHz machine.

So this proves:
Gcc is gcc
Or
Darwin is more like Linux than it's like MSWin32
Or
Both.

Unfortunately, I think it's the last, which doesn't resolve anything.
--
War is God's way of teaching Americans geography.
-Ambrose Bierce, writer(1842-1914)