You cant access the ruby array from javascript because it gets
executed by two different interpreters of which both dont know the
state of the other and therefor can not access the other's variables ,
but you could do something like this

var js_array = [<= @ruby_arrray.map{|i| "\"#{i}\""}.join(",")] //
results into a valid Javascript Array of Strings which gets parsed by JS
for(;;){
	var title = js_array[i]
}

/*
	Or you could fetch the events from server, if your task involves web-
development
*/

// on the client
var my_obj = {}

jQuery.getJSON("/some/where/on/your/server.json",function(data){
	my_obj = data; // Data now contains all you events.
});

// on the server something like this:

def server
	@events = Event.find(:all)
	render :json => @events.to_json
end

You also seem to be new to web-development and i suppose you make your
self familiar with the topic/technologie through some books.