I'm familiar with the enumberable sort method ...
my_array.sort { |a,b| a.property <=> b.property }

and I'm familiar with reject and delete_if methods ...
my_array.delete_if { |a| <expression> }

but can someone advise me on a simple way to compare elements within an
array and delete one if a certain property is the same as another
element e.g.

my_array.special_delete_if { |a,b| a.property == b.property }

Note, the reason I can't just use my_array.uniq is that the array is
made up of objects which are themselves unique, it is just that some
elements share the same property (and these are the ones I want to
collapse down to just one object).

Thanks in advance!