Hi all,

I just pushed Mail 2.2.1.  ActionMailer edge now depends on 2.2.1 as =
well.

  gem install mail

Or in your Gemfile:

  gem "mail"

This release incorporates a bunch of code submissions from the Mail =
community, it was simply awesome to see so many great changes and =
updates from all the forks on github.  I have pulled most of the changes =
and there are more awesome ones in the wings.  All in all, 7 different =
coders contributed to this release!

Highlights of this release are updates from Lars Pind who got stuck into =
the encoding and decoding of header fields.  The job he did has improved =
Mail's speed a lot in this area using some intelligent optimisation, but =
kudos to him.  Eric Kidd also did a lot of work in this area and helped =
update the git repository so that you can now properly use it with =
bundler pointing at the git source.  Thanks to all the other =
contributors as well!

The new gem is now on Rubygems.org.. it is backwards compatible with the =
only real change is that Mail will now encode whole lines of text =
instead of breaking it down to individual words and encoding them =
separately.   This is a speed improvement and you probably won't notice =
this as the decoded results stay the same.

Changelog from 2.2.0 is:

* Fixed Ruby 1.8.6 and 1.9.x incompatibilities because we were using =
each_with_index and each_line
* Redid the folding to make it much much faster for long strings (the =
old one really crumbled with headers longer than 100,000 characters =
(Lars Pind <lars / pinds.com>)
* Mail now only returns one encoded-word per line (Lars Pind =
<lars / pinds.com>)
* Fixed all the previous issues with extra white-space and an extra =3D =
at the end of the encoded-words. (Lars Pind <lars / pinds.com>)
* Make sure we can handle decoding of very long strings efficiently =
(Lars Pind <lars / pinds.com>)
* Handle setting of charset through []=3D method, so we don't get the =
warning (Lars Pind <lars / pinds.com>)
* Remove the trailing =3D\n that pack('M') adds (Lars Pind =
<lars / pinds.com>)
* Handle multiple quoted words in Encodings.unquote_and_convert_to (Eric =
Kidd <git / randomhacks.net>)
* Ruby 1.9: mark source encoding so it's usable with -Ks, -Ke, etc =
(Jeremy Kemper <jeremy / bitsweat.net>)
* Add #include? to mail body for convenience (Maxim Chernyak =
<max / bitsonnet.com>)
* Use Mail::TestMailer.deliveries in README example (John Trupiano =
<jtrupiano / gmail.com>)
* Allow bundler to automatically build a gem directly from git (Eric =
Kidd <git / randomhacks.net>)
* Added recursive parsing of attachments inside message/rfc822 parts =
(Ubiratan Pires Alberton <u.alberton / gmail.com>)
* Adding #inline_content_id for attachments and parts (mikel)
* Updating readme (mikel)

Enjoy!

Mikel Lindsaar
http://rubyx.com/