Hello,
I'm looking for the best way to synchronize files between my computers
and my FTP.

If you know Dropbox, I'm looking for a way to do the same thing with
Ruby for a personnal project.

If there is a project (a rubyforge one for example) to do it, I will use
it, but if not, I write down a short list of what I think I will need :

1- the best way to upload files

2- the best way to download files

3- the best way to compare files and make a diff patch

4- upload only the modified parts of the files thanks to the diff patch
(or access an online file in "w+" mode)

5- download only the modified parts of the files thanks to the diff
patch
(or read from an online file from pos x to pos y)

I know points 4 and 5 are a bit hard (and much harder if you have a
non-rails FTP) , but if you can help me only with ONE of these points,
thank you.

I have several projects which use only one or two of these points, and I
could improve greatly their performances thanks to your help.

__

About one of these points :

2- the best way to download files

I tried open-uri, but I downloaded files faster with Mechanize.
What's your opinion about that ?

__

(I'm french, sorry for my mistakes)