Massimiliano Mirra wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 18, 2002 at 04:23:46PM +0900, Patrick May wrote:
> > > I am fascinated by the approach of tools like Iowa or Walrus, and how
> > > clean they seem to make both the code and the development, yet they
> > > seem to only target dynamic content.  Is there any templating system
> > > written in Ruby that would be useful in building static sites?
> >
> > Try building off of a wiki.  If you don't give everyone rights to edit
> > the site, you end up with a nice simple content management system for
> > most websites.
>
> This is a really cool idea, but the very reason I choose static pages
> is that I don't have a server to install stuff on and manage to my
> heart's content.

So you would like your templating system to be on your local computer,
generate the static site and then upload it?

That is how some original website generating programs worked, and I
have to say that I found those problematic and uninteresting.

Surely your server can handle CGI pages? Is it that you can't get
the ISP to install ruby for you?

Guy N. Hurst