On May 10, 2:13=A0am, "R. Kumar" <sentinel.2... / gmx.com> wrote:
> Have apps moved over to the web (or GUI) totally ? Will there be any
> development on the terminal/console ?
>
> I am honestly and seriously wondering if its worthwhile to keep working
> on libraries/toolkits such as rbcurse ?
>
> Although, many of us do use text editors like vim/emacs, and apps such
> as alpine/mutt/mc/vifm, and a lot of other command line utilities, but
> is there scope for new apps to be written on the terminal/console.
>
> If yes, what are such apps ?

Yes, I think this is true. There isn't much room for curses based
console apps anymore. Heck you can even access a web app via a
terminal using lynx. That's not to say there aren't some niche uses
(writing lynx itself for instance). But it is very limited arena at
this point, and not worth the effort (IMHO) unless you have a very
specific need for it.

Console apps that are not curses based, however, are still very useful
and widely used and certainly worth the effort.