Hi,

Per instructions in the ruby-1.4.4/README, I've tried doing the
following using "guest" over the last few days, but never succeeded.
Since this presumably works for others, am I missing something obvious?

# cvs -d :pserver:anonymous / cvs.netlab.co.jp:/home/cvs login
(Logging in to anonymous / cvs.netlab.co.jp)
CVS password:
cvs [login aborted]: connect to cvs.netlab.co.jp:2401 failed: Connection
timed out

Could this be due to using an insufficiently recent version of cvs?

# cvs -v

Concurrent Versions System (CVS) 1.10 `Halibut' (client/server)

Copyright (c) 1989-1998 Brian Berliner, david d `zoo' zuhn,
                        Jeff Polk, and other authors

CVS may be copied only under the terms of the GNU General Public
License,
a copy of which can be found with the CVS distribution kit.

Specify the --help option for further information about CVS

--
Conrad Schneiker