--Apple-Mail-96-294303423

Dear James,

Cobol could be considered, but my goal was mostly to try and get a sample of existing and educationally relevant languages, rather than a historically accurate resource.

One thing which you might be interested in is on the Resources page there is a link to programming language history poster:
	http://www.levenez.com/lang/

This is quite a good poster if you are interested in the historical aspect of programming language evolution.

I have not given up on producing teaching materials for Ruby. This is simply stepping back and looking at the bigger picture. However, the goal for this site in the future will be the addition of tutorials teaching Ruby. The original tutorial (in need of a bit of TLC) is still under development:
	http://programming.dojo.net.nz/study/learn-ruby

It still requires a lot more work.

Thanks for your feedback.

Kind regards,
Samuel

On 3/05/2010, at 1:04 AM, James D. Maher wrote:

> Awfully ambitious!
>
> But what?  No COBOL?
>
> Does this mean you've given up on creating teaching materials for Ruby?
> The referenced website is such a comprehensive undertaking that it must
> interfere with steady progress on Ruby teaching, right?

> James D. Maher
> jdmaher / jdmaher.com

--Apple-Mail-96-294303423--