On Monday 26 April 2010 03:36:03 pm Rachel Lovelock wrote:
> One poster
> suggested I try some script. But it didn't work me. I said thanks but it
> didn't work when I tried it.

Is that what you actually said?

"It doesn't work" is not helpful, because there are an infinite number of ways
it can not work.

It could be that it didn't do anything at all -- no dialog box, no error,
nothing.

It could be that the button you were supposed to click on was disabled.

It could be that there was an error message that tells you exactly what's
wrong.

It could be that it was a bug so severe that it somehow melted your computer
down into slag.

What did you actually do, and what actually happened?

Also, in your original message, you mention some people sent you code, and
that's all you said. You didn't say what the code was, you didn't share it
with us.

I would say that the reason no one wants to help you is not because you're
"illiterate" -- we all were at one point -- it's because you're not making it
easy for us:

Keep it short and to the point. You might start with, "I found this Sketchup
plugin, and I want it to do this..."

Anything that's actually related to the point, tell us more. If you can, tell
us where you found the plugin. Even if the guy in your office altered it, we
can compare what he did to the original plugin. Show us the code the people in
the group sent you. Link to the discussions you had in that group. If you have
a version of the plugin that's supposed to work, but doesn't, tell us _how_ it
doesn't work -- what you tried to do, and what happened.

I can't promise that anyone will be able to answer your question, but if you
ask smart questions, it's much more likely people will try -- though it still
might be a better bet to try the Sketchup group again. (I don't know anything
about Sketchup, actually.)