Robert Klemme wrote:
> 2010/4/23 Manoj Kumar <manojs.nitt / gmail.com>:
>> What is the difference between
>>
>> parent.children << child.new
>>
>> and
>>
>> parent.children.build(params[:child])
>
> What is the question?  Seriously you do not provide any information
> about context or what code you are presenting.  How do you expect us
> to answer such a question?

At a guess, it's an ActiveRecord question.

ActiveRecord is a component of Rails. If you have a question on Rails,
please use a Rails mailing list. I'm sure it's not intentional, but it's
rather rude to post a question about one subject (Rails) on a mailing
list devoted to another (Ruby).

Rails is not Ruby - it's an application framework which just happens to
be written *in* Ruby.