james / rubyxml.com wrote:

> You can find Ruby/XML information in general at www.rubyxml.com

I've tried the libxml and libxslt bindings from

http://www.rubycolor.org/arc/redist/

The libxml test.rb script works; but from a very superficial look I've
got the impression that the bindings are only rudimentary.

The libxsl test.rb script gives me an error:

test.rb:4:in `require':
/usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.6/i386-linux/gnomexslt.so: undefined symbol:
cGXMLParser - /usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.6/i386-linux/gnomexslt.so
(LoadError)
        from test.rb:4

I didn't have the time to look into the bindings from
http://libgdome-ruby.berlios.de/

In general, I prefer not to use multiple xml/xslt libs and processors,
thus I'd prefer if I could use libxml2/libxslt (or a better
alternative) in every language relevant for me; not many, actually:
C/C++, Ruby, xsltproc (processor frontend).

Thanks

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig                   GPG Fingerprint
mailto:schuerig / acm.org            DA28 7DEB 5856 3365 BED9