I have to agree Phil, though I really don 't want to.

I can 't see Ruby ever becoming popular and used by developers all over the
world if the Windows platform is not properly supported. I 'm not
particularly fond of Microsoft, but the OS does work for me. How can you
expect corporations to choose Ruby as a development tool if it is not
properly supported on Windows? Missing functionality or poor performance as
compared to Unix versions doesn 't help either.
I think Matz wants Ruby to become popular, but it 'll never work this way.
Ruby is a lovely programming language and it would be a shame if these
problems were never resolved.
Wouldn 't it be nice if we could have Java-like releases?

news:a75kt301n42 / enews3.newsguy.com...