Luis Lavena wrote:
> On Apr 21, 2:07 pm, Damian Janowski <damian.janow... / gmail.com> wrote:
>> [...]
>>
>> Under Tests, should there be a standard for running the entire test
>> suite? Say, `rake`?
>
> That would trigger other dependencies developers might have in their
> rake tasks (like coverage, documentation, mutation testing, etc.)
>
> I simple "ruby -Ilib test/test*.rb" should suffice, right?

I have some Rakefiles where the default task is to list the tasks.

In other cases a I set it to run the test tool of choice (sometimes
bacon, something rspec, it varies).

If I were to want a default default (so to speak) I'd prefer the task
listing rather than kicking off something.  It's easy enough to change
to suit one's personal preferences.

Or leave the Rakefile with no default task.

--
James Britt

www.neurogami.com            - Smart application development