On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 10:19 PM, Jesse Jurman <e.j.jurman / gmail.com> wrote:
> Andrew Mcelroy wrote:
>> I am confused by a few points.
>>
>> Are you trying to create an exe file on Mac OSX or are you trying to
>> create
>> a .app file in Mac OSX?
>>
>> If it is the latter, checkout Titanium Desktop. I am sure there are
>> other
>> ways, but Titanium Desktop is Open and very straight forward.
>>
>> Andrew McElroy
>> TryRuby.org
>
> To answer your question more directly I need to create an exe file for
> windows... The people using the application are running windows, and I
> have had a lot of trouble installing the resources on a windows computer
> to even compile it at home (with something like RubyScript2Exe). I know
> it's a bit odd because unless you have an intel mac running windows, you
> can't even run the application after compiling it, but that is what I
> need.

Ocra is a gem that can make Windows .EXEs; unlike RubyScript2Exe, it's
still maintained and works on Ruby 1.9. I think it only runs on
Windows. It does automatically include needed gems, but I had trouble
including other files my program needed (although you're supposed to
be able to do so).

I don't know if your program will run on Jruby, but if so, you can use
a tool like Rawr to bundle it into your choice of .app, .jar, or .exe.
Again, I had trouble with it, but I'm not very experienced with Jruby
as a whole. YMMV.