Thomas Hurst wrote:
> No, I want to see tabs the default, damnit; I like my tabstop and people
> who use 2 space indents are evil and need to be shot when they force it
> on others ;)

I see your rant, and up the ante...

Isn't tabs what screwed everything up in the first place? Give people
the power over how far something should be and you end up with bakers
dozen, american vs english miles, pints and local words that mean
half-a-litre, but you only get 4 decilitre of beer, and a "mil" that
differs from both of the above miles...

Agh, where is Dan Akroyd and the deca-bet when you need it? :-P

On a related note, is there a fix in the emacs-mode for this quirk:
<CODE>
def methodname( argument1 = "default1", argument2 = "default2",
               argument3 = "default3" ) #AG! Move me one right, wontcha?
  puts argument1, argument2, argument3
end
</CODE>

Not too crazy about this one either:
<CODE>
def methodname argument1 = "default1", argument2 = "default2",
    argument3 = "default3"  #HUH? Align me with something else plz!
  puts argument1, argument2, argument3
end
</CODE>

Oh, and if really need to reconsider Emacs, you'll gonna have to give it
to me gently :-)

--
<[ Kent Dahl ]>================<[ http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~kentda/ ]>
  )__(stud.techn.;  ind. econ & management: computer technology)__(