on a serious note:

Seriously I do not know what this is either.  I am not an experienced
progammer, as mentioned I was doing report-writers for McGraw-Hill in
the early 80's (because Fixed Assets needed 30 plus reports and
floppies were not going to hold anything else.  Also screen
generators, our own db, and you just name it all, ol thunk invented it
because nothing but nothing was available in UCSD Pascal despite all
the dreams.)

I showed up here thinking the defining unit was a "Boid" but that
drags in too much AI baggage and this is not that, yet.

The ABS stuff seemed to be doing some similar things but looked like
something legacy like and smelled of c crud.

Actors seem clearly more "sophisticated" but, as of this moment, and
this is evolving as I get pinged here, it seems like the best fit.

A Ru'id does not seem to be nearly as powerful as an Actor. A ru'id
commands the stage for 0.0005 sec and is gone, only the "casing"
remains.

However, what the Ru'id lacks in Actor abilities, perhaps it gains
from simplicity, (distributability??), simple authorability and such
as these characteristics?

That is the author's best guess right now.

NEXT STEP - if there is to be one  -

well, one offer on the table would be to bring the whole thing to some
trusted 3rd party and take a good look at it.  no consulting fees,
this is not about that.  but it is also not about taking time away
from the doable to talk about the meaning of distributed, ok?, the
ultimate thing would be to put this whole thing into a demo version
planted in the Heroko gardens and let everybody author sets of these
things to see what they can do.  the author is not capable of that by
himself.  the author can't imagine being at the center of a gitHub
club.

or the author really needs to get back to his work...

thunktoktor