On 04/03/2010 11:56 PM, thunk wrote:
> The troll rode in here looking for the answer to the question, that,
> in retrospect could be worded so:
>
> "they are members of a group, they are minimalistic, they
> are ..blablabla and they remind the group seems like a "Swarm" so I
> will start with "Boid".

There is no question in that paragraph.  This is an example of what made
me stop listening.

> Bottom.bottom.bottom line nobody has been able to tell the troll what
> the freak'n thingy is:

IMHO it's your part to explain what all this is about.  Either you have
an idea for a design or software architecture and want our judgment.  Or
you present some ideas and want to know what architecture would fit that
or whether that thing does exist already.  But it's your turn to convey
your point.  We can only help by asking questions about things that are
not clear to us.

> sooo, the troll must assume
>
> 1.  nobody cares anymore

Well, fact is that with the flow of posts and news coming our way most
of us employ some form of heuristic that stops following a topic if they
did not get to the bottom of the issue after a certain time.  Given that
I'd say people have followed your "boit" stuff pretty long.

> 2.  nobody really understands (even looking right at a nekkid one)

I believe this is the main problem.  For whatever reasons people did not
or do not seem to understand what all this is about.

> 3.  the troll has done something to register at least a
> "interesting" (but nobody has the balls to acknowledge)

That's not true: IIRC several people have stated interest in your
project but failed at point 2 of your list.

> posting now so this is DONE, the troll will not feed herself, she's
> not of that sort...

Apparently you broke your vow already... :-)

Cheers

	robert

PS: I don't think it is a good idea to invest time in a piece of
software as that advertised in this thread.

http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/