On Apr 3, 1:24   议
> [Note:
>
> On Friday 02 April 2010 03:25:10 pm thunk wrote:
>
> > And I would be most glad to share THAT, but it would take time and
> > resources that I simply do not have.
>
> How about posting the code for one Boid? You said they are very small so
> presumably amount of code within a Boid would not give away more than you
> care to reveal, but would help others to have a better understanding.

Check the time if you really want to.   I put that up before the
request - and i put up the latest and greatest - my hesitation was
because i was really doing more interesting things in domain#2 but
those are out of data now.  this one is way simple and part of the
"start up phase" for domain #3 and since I haven't finished that yet i
don't have any better ones in this domain yet.

http://wiki.github.com/gkoller/Ruids/a-nekkid-ruid

and if i may comment, these things are not seen by experts, they are
the result of a "Expert Session" - they appear in my wee based system
as the form is filled in so to say - and i'd post screen shots but i
don't know how yet.

On the humor side: I just woke up with a thought that would really
frustrate some but be humor to others -

IT'S THE FRAMEWORK ABOUT NOTHING
(We truly truly love the seinfeld series)

which is amusing because until you start authoring units and giving
them hooks in the helperclasses - that's what you have - a newborn
baby like almost blank sheet to do anything.  so, yes, i do see some
"general utility" around this stuff.

but what does it do well you ask?  well, i've been working on that
too.  and i had the nerve/guts to define what i call "the aluminum
moment" which i think has a part in getting to that.  i defined that
for you guys here.  it has some teeth, to my thinking.  it's like the
golden moments are well serviced but there are some really important
"aluminum moments" not getting touched.  and the web has a role to
play - clearly - and OO and dynamic - all have a role to play -
yeeeaaaaa! and my favorite example is the Doctor on the front-line
seeing something like a classic drug interaction - or a bad hip
replacement - or whatever.  i think i see a clear app there and i
chose domain #3 partly to be close to it, yet outside of it.  i
thought that was clever. and i will give this away, give my time away,
give it all away to the folks that could put it to work saving real
lives and resources (finding a generic would be a piece of cake for
this approach, fun even.

soo, I did start not once but three times in software alone.  The
first time we turned into a Division of McGraw-Hill (Aardvark /
Milwaukee - Tax   Dr. Donald Cook, ex-marine, president of Shoreline
Medical was the founder - I was his FIRST employee / programmer - and
in 1994 we release Fixed Assets....  bla bla bla but we did sell $8m
the first seassion if what a salesman told me was true.  It was
written in UCSD Pascal) he's older than I am and loves working with
"his professors" in washington dc area these days - they give him
credentials in his medical services.

I can go on but that was the First one, the 3rd one I have documented
somewhere and will be on that wiki / I can name names and there is a
Who's Who professor, books, .... all that stuff attached.  double dog
dare me?  they are married, both phds - a paradox :)

===================
Whatever this is, I am personally NOT A START-UP.   ok?  I retire for
the 2nd or 3rd time this July  (62) , my StatScan corp was founded in
1990 or so)
I have zero pressure on that side, but I do have some sense of honor
in all this, and I'd love to contribute to the "eco- system" (that is
different, I assume that a trip to the restroom, right?)

=======================
stream of consciousness alert:
we are all perpetual start-ups in some way anyway.   take away the
income stream of a running business for a month or two and that
feeling comes back, loose a major client and that feeling can come
back.   the minimum resources for this fits like a glove, the guys i
talk to up here never heard of ruby, not one.  but hiring good
programmers in Milw in the 80's was just as bad - when we moved to
this glorious peninsula - my line to my wife was "if it is in
wisconsin it doesn't matter where....  you can guess what i meant - i
had the very first h8 in wisconsin - had been on backorder for 6-8
months maybe - the night i picked it up i met some of the greatest
guys i could imagine - astronomers that "just happen to be hanging
around" when I picked up that machine.  we opened the box together.
they told me about using computers to hook do tracking on their scopes
- i think they were programming in forth? - those were the real
pioneers, not to dodo's that bought "an apple" and thought they were
the first folks to discover "micros", no sir. and that pascal micro-
engine machine - those babies were the best/worst greatest thing i
ever had on my desk in someways, ok? goggle on that - wd was flying
guys out to do "brain surgery" on my stack of them...  its true!  my
us robotics modem somehow puts 300baud and "fast" together :)  my 1980
byte magazine (mcgraw-hill btw) usually had OhioScientic on the back -
i owned/sold about 20 of those - the manuals were xeroxed - i just did
then what i'm doing now...  but i might have learned a few things.
UCSD Pascal was a beautiful beautiful thing to me back then - I had a
sign over my desk that said if: if it's in basic, its wirthless -
hahaha - i was in battle with the basic guys, i won, but ucsd lost...
but it was elegant stuff - slow - but beautiful to me.  betw that
pascal and ruby it was a long trek in the dessert - c got it done,
early c++ was a complete abomination imho  - Smalltalk was beautiful
again but now that was a confusing community to me too - bright bright
bright guys - java got it done - ahhh is anybody talking about a Ruby
Micro-engine???   wow - if i got buried with one of those in my casket
for development on the other-side - that would be something.)
__ESC__

sorry, have i established my 'old fart' status?  have all the bearded
ones gone away -who's the oldest dude on this board?   are we known
only to make decent rock-n-rollers?  am i really a "statistical
outlier" here?