Dear John W Higgins,

> Are you running a web server on this system?

 Yes, you are right. I was running Apache2 and after stopping Apache2,
em-proxy example works fine.

 Now I do not know how to route the packet from this proxy to specified
NIF ( say, ppp1 ). I expected to be able to set em-proxy something like
Squid proxy server;

 Squid setting
 http_port 0.0.0.0:81
 acl localhost81 src 127.0.0.1/255.255.255.255:81
 tcp_outgoing_address ppp1_ip localhost81

 Im not sure if the above is correct for Squid or need additional route
setting, but what I need is that em-proxy specify outgoing ip to route
the packet to specified NIF.

 Would you tell me if its the correct direction and if so, how can I
set these settings on em-proxy ?

 Thank you very much.

John