Hi,

On this page((The Great Computer Language Shootout) you've got a collection
of Ruby scripts which are pretty straightforward:

http://www.bagley.org/~doug/shootout/lang/ruby/allsrc.shtml

You can then compare Ruby solutions with 31 other languages in the main page:

http://www.bagley.org/~doug/shootout/

Also, going through the links at the bottom of the shootout page (especially
Laird's site), it will give you a wealth of information on programming in
general.

Some nice scripts here too:

http://pleac.sourceforge.net/pleac_ruby/t1.html

Regards,