Hello...

This is the information you requested.

RubyGems Environment:
  - RUBYGEMS VERSION: 1.3.6
  - RUBY VERSION: 1.9.1 (2010-01-10 patchlevel 378) [i386-mingw32]
  - INSTALLATION DIRECTORY: C:/Ruby19/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1
  - RUBY EXECUTABLE: C:/Ruby19/bin/ruby.exe
  - EXECUTABLE DIRECTORY: C:/Ruby19/bin
  - RUBYGEMS PLATFORMS:
    - ruby
    - x86-mingw32
  - GEM PATHS:
     - C:/Ruby19/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1
     - C:/Documents and Settings/jstuardo/.gem/ruby/1.9.1
  - GEM CONFIGURATION:
     - :update_sources => true
     - :verbose => true
     - :benchmark => false
     - :backtrace => false
     - :bulk_threshold => 1000
  - REMOTE SOURCES:
     - http://rubygems.org/

I am administrator of my computer.

Rake version is rake-0.8.7 downloaded from http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=50

What do you mean it is distributed as a gem? From the link above it is mentioned the file as rake-0.8.7.gem, but when I click on it, a .tar file is downloaded.

Finally, I tell you that I downloaded rails-2.2.3.gem from http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=307 but the same as above, a .tar file was actually downloaded.

Thanks
Jaime