On Mar 30, 10:31  ᮮ
> Hello everybody...
>
> I want to install Redmine Project Management in my PC (Windows XP),
> whose requirement is Ruby On Rails. So I need to install Ruby on my
> machine and it is at that point where I've got my first problems.
>
> Other requirements of Redmine are RubyGems 1.3.1 and Rake 0.8.3.
>
> Well, First, I have downloaded Ruby from
> http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=167and installed it. It worked well.

Please specify which version did you download. Where you installed it,
if you are a member of Administrators group under your computer.

The more details you provide, the better.

> Then I have downloaded RubyGems from
> http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=126and installed it. It worked well
> too.

All the versions of Ruby you downloaded from previous link included
RubyGems, which version did you manually downloaded? How you installed
it?

> Now I have problems installing Rails. The page
> http://rubyonrails.org/downloadsays that to install rails I have to
> issue this command: gem install rails. After I issued that command, this
> error was shown:
>
> ERROR:  𺯯
> ERROR:

Please provide the output of "gem env" command so we know exactly
which version of RubyGems and Ruby you're dealing with.

> Well... giving up with Rails installation, I continued with Rake. I have
> downloaded it and in this case I uncompressed the tar file and then
> execute the install.rb file with ruby command but I got an error
> concerning ftools.

Rake is distributed as a gem, should be able to install using
RubyGems. Which version did you donwloaded? from where?

> Finally I gave up and decided to ask to the list.
>
> Why is so difficult to install it? Can you please point me in the right
> direction?

So far you're the first one reporting these series of issues.

Please provide answers to my previous questions, more details from
your side are required for anyone to be able to help you.

--
Luis Lavena