> If you have a relevant amount of data you should look into using a real
> database to do the searching for you with appropriate indexes.

Well this code is going to be in Rails, searching through a SQLite3
database. Basically, I have a bunch of movies and my array will update
as my collection grows, but when I tell it to add more movies to the
database, I don't want it to add movies that already exist there. Is
there an even better way to make sure a database entry doesn't exist?

By the way: Thanks for the quick replies Robert and Jesus.