On 2010-03-29, thunk <gmkoller / gmail.com> wrote:
> Never thought about playing games with this, but yes, depending on the
> helper class design this thing, as far as I can see, could play tic
> tac toe against 100's of very quick kids at one time.  Or checkers.  I
> did those in the 70's.

Again, this tells us nothing.

What's "this"?

> I was thinking about "Minimal Program Units" - for "Boid".  It was the
> "Swarm"concept that seems to fit so well, that has helped me think
> about this, that attracted me to that term in the first place.

But you still haven't told anyone what you're talking about.

Imagine someone giving a lecture on anatomy, and constantly saying
things like:

	It's connected to the other things.  You have to think about
	its chemical composition to see what it does.  I wonder whether
	anyone could use it to play games.

... and never saying "I am talking about the hard whitish parts of the
body which form a sort of general structure for the rest of it."

If you can't see how this is missing, I don't think it matters whether your
idea is brilliant or stupid -- since no one will ever know what you're saying,
nothing will come of it.

If you're serious, come up with some DEFINITIONS.  Start there.

-s
--
Copyright 2010, all wrongs reversed.  Peter Seebach / usenet-nospam / seebs.net