De : wgr6 / hotmail.com [mailto:wgr6 / hotmail.com]
Envoyé : lundi 29 mars 2010 16:10
 : ruby-talk ML
Objet : Oracle Windows Connect

Hello all,

I'm a newbie using Windows.

I'm trying to connect to Oracle to get started.

I made it thru a Proxy problem where none of my gems were loading.

Now I'm trying to to connect via Oracle.

I get the following message:

irb(main):001:0> require oci8
NameError: undefined local variable or method `oci8' for main:Object
  from (irb):1
  from :0

I have put environment variables of ORACLE_HOME, LD_LIBRARY_PATH, and
LD_LIBRARY_PATH32 pointing to C:\oracle\instantclient_11_1.

I've installed:

activerecord-oracle-adapter (1.0.0.9250)
activerecord-oracle_enhanced-adapter (1.2.4)

I did an install of oci8 from gem as in:

gem install ruby-oci8 -v 1.0.4

Previously tried to install from tar.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,