thunk wrote:
> Boids were the last thing on my mind when I started this
> project.

They are the last thing on our mind now, too.

>`When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, `it means
> just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less.' " - Lewis Carroll,
> Through the Looking Glass

Please, -please- stop using the word Boid. Every time you do, the
conversation jumps backwards.

___

What you are describing is just a decision-making system. "The web" uses
this for things like finding the fastest route from one host to another.
Some people use it to play tic-tac-toe, chess or reversi, or are
attempting to use it to play the game of go.