On 2010-03-29, thunk <gmkoller / gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 28, 6:34m, Seebs <usenet-nos... / seebs.net> wrote:
>> I honestly still have absolutely no idea what a "boid" is.

>> If I might make a suggestion: ou have a whole lot of analogies,
>> metaphors, and language about how amazing the things are that you could
>> do with these things. ou don't have a simple, plain English, description
>> of them that I've seen.

> I'm TRYING!

Where's your try?

> I was just thinking before I checked in here, these things last for
> all of

Who cares?

No one cares how long they "last".  We want to know WHAT.  THEY.  ARE.

Is a "boid" a piece of code?  An instance of a class?  A description of
some kind of design pattern?  Does it have a physical form?

> average. They steal the whole show for about  0.00005  of a second and
> then they completely and utterly disappear.

But you don't say what they DO.

So who cares how long they were doing it for?

Slow down, start from the top.  You're writing stuff which would probably
be sort of helpful to someone who already had some concept of what they
are, to whom your insights into what their implications are could be useful.

But you haven't got anyone who has a concept of what they are.

> BUT they leave a few artifacts behind including:
> 1.  an exact mechanical (black box like) recording of every attribute
> transaction made

But what's an "attribute transaction"?

> 2.  "scribbles stuff on a whiteboard / causes some singletons to be
> created and data to be appended to these methods

This, too, is incomprehensible.

> ahhhhh never mind, I give up for now.

So far as I can tell, you haven't even started to try.

> Creating Singletons seems like it slowed things down, or it could be
> all the traces.  I have work to get done.

If you can't clearly articulate it, it's not work, it's farting around.

-s
--
Copyright 2010, all wrongs reversed.  Peter Seebach / usenet-nospam / seebs.net