On Mar 28, 6:34=A0pm, Seebs <usenet-nos... / seebs.net> wrote:
> On 2010-03-28, thunk <gmkol... / gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I can write up pages on either of these topics, my problem is that I'm
> > totally confused about to whom and also WHY, at this point. =A0Some
> > folks seem to not want to believe this works, are hostile even, and
> > others are ready to ho-hum it. =A0Fine. =A0I'll send all'ya'all a link =
> > a working commercial site =A0someday not that far off.
>
> I honestly still have absolutely no idea what a "boid" is.
>
> If I might make a suggestion: =A0You have a whole lot of analogies,
> metaphors, and language about how amazing the things are that you could
> do with these things. =A0You don't have a simple, plain English, descript=
ion
> of them that I've seen.
>
> A lot of people will be uninterested in your technology until they can re=
ad
> that description.
>
> Basically, consider the following two paragraphs:
>
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Ruby is a transformation of the entire paradigm through w=
hich we
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 view or think about computers; it's like the showing the =
Wright
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 brothers a modern hang-glider. =A0I think Ruby has amazin=
g potential
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 to allow people to develop software totally unlike other
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 software, and thus solve fundamental problems in medicine=
, because
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 a Ruby program could answer questions doctors might have =
that
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 current software can't answer.
>
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Ruby is an object-oriented interpreted language, with an =
unusually
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 complete commitment to everything-is-an-object; for insta=
nce, even
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 plain fixed integer objects are objects, as are values li=
ke "false"
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 or "nil". =A0Ruby's design is focused on clarity and expr=
essiveness,
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 and in particular on achieving these through allowing ter=
se
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 expression of common constructs.
>
> The first paragraph makes me think that the writer is probably going to
> end up listed on crank.net someday. =A0The second makes me curious to see=
 how
> Ruby achieves these things, but gives me at least a frame of reference fo=
> understanding what Ruby is.

I'm TRYING!

I was just thinking before I checked in here, these things last for
all of

.00005  seconds

average. They steal the whole show for about  0.00005  of a second and
then they completely and utterly disappear.

BUT they leave a few artifacts behind including:
1.  an exact mechanical (black box like) recording of every attribute
transaction made
2.  "scribbles stuff on a whiteboard / causes some singletons to be
created and data to be appended to these methods

Then the SwarmReader....

ahhhhh never mind, I give up for now.

Creating Singletons seems like it slowed things down, or it could be
all the traces.  I have work to get done.

Thunk