--00163630f5ab60734a0482d0f7be

Much ado about something fairly straight forward.

I gave him my phone number to see if real time communication would shed any
light on what this is.

Essentially you have two parts to this that would be of interest.

first part is a webform that is a front end to a code generator (think along
the lines of how scaffolding works in rails 2.x)

This web form would be aware of a list of methods (no big deal there).

The next part is this misnomer of Boids.

Really you should think of them as @$$hol3s (i'll call them agents to make
things easier.). space balls clip/ reference :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?vCSuKaePY (nsfw -language)

The real trick here seems to be emergent behavior.

 each agent is given a simple task and these tasks would build up to some
emergent behavior.

This is what I got out of the conversation.

I have only seen the same code everyone else here has seen.

appears to be what this is all about. a quasi dsl (really a collection of
methods) that have several process. each process has some code that makes an
assertion.

This probably doesn't clarify anything up, but that's what I understood it
to be.

Now on to application:

1) forex/financial - you could have a collection of these agents assert is a
chart up or down. This seems like an overkill of a solution at first until
you begin to try to trade every currency at the same time. Why would you do
this? Because High Frequency trading isn't thrilling enough already. That's
why. Other then that,  who knows. Maybe Dr. Cham has a better answer.

 Couldn't you do this with distributed Ruby and rspec/ something more sane
(speed wise) like Ocaml? Sure, but this is a ruby form, not Ocaml.

2)The dead end expert systems road- If each agent is set to look for a
collection of words and put them into a generic list. The next swarm could
do the same with an additional collection of words until every word in a set
(say this mailing list) is accounted for. Then additional swarms could begin
to try to tag emails to labels using some form of language processing.

Again, are there saner ways of doing this. Yes. Why bother? Because
intellectual masturbation is fun.

3) Venture Capital. enough said.

Is there something here? If that question boils down to is there application
for this, then its a resounding yes.

However if the question is whether or not this is the best tool for a
distributed or expert system-esque job, then that's a question I don't know
the answer too. Ocam's Razor doesn't appear to be in full support of this
boid/agent system.

Andrew McElroy