Hi,

At Sat, 16 Mar 2002 16:51:48 +0900,
Liorean wrote:
> > > Error code as follows:
> > > dice.rb:28:in `gets': Permission denied (Errno::EACCES)
> >
> >And what does this `dice.rb' do?
>
> Simple - it throws some dice. You input how many sides you want the
> dice to have, and how many to throw, and it does the throwing for
> you. But the actual action is of zero importance, since the class
> works fully as expected. It's just the input for the class that
> doesn't work.
>
> The thing that throws the error is this line:
> temp=$stdin.gets

Did you try with only the line?  If it works, there should be
something wrong in the others.

At least, nobody can try to run to reproduce the error unless
you write the whole code.  If your code is large, reduce as you
can while the error occurs.

> >You should write your platfrom(versions of Windows and cygwin),
> >ruby version and so on.  Or nobody can't answer you.
>
> Win2kPE running 165-2, the version downloadable from
> <http://www.pragmaticprogrammer.com/ruby/downloads/ruby-install.html>

What's the version of cygwin1.dll?

Possibly, it may be a problem fixed in more recent versions.
You can get the latest version from
<http://www.ruby-lang.org/~eban/ruby/binaries/cygwin/>.
# Needs cygwin environment though.

> I don't actually have Cygwin, I'm just using the Cygwin version of Ruby.

I'm not sure whether it concerns.

BTW;
At Sat, 16 Mar 2002 14:46:15 +0900,
Liorean wrote:
> In a small program I wrote at school, using mswin32, I used $stdin to

What school?  Education with Ruby?

--
Nobu Nakada