At 15:43 2002-03-16 +0900, nobu.nokada / softhome.net wrote:
>Hi,
>
>At Sat, 16 Mar 2002 14:46:15 +0900,
>Liorean wrote:
> > In a small program I wrote at school, using mswin32, I used $stdin to
> > get keyboard input. Now, at home running cygwin, I can't figure out
> > how to get it to work. What do I have to do to get it to work in my
> > cygwin version?
>
>What's your cygwin version? :)

165-2

> > Error code as follows:
> > dice.rb:28:in `gets': Permission denied (Errno::EACCES)
>
>And what does this `dice.rb' do?

Simple - it throws some dice. You input how many sides you want the dice to
have, and how many to throw, and it does the throwing for you. But the
actual action is of zero importance, since the class works fully as
expected. It's just the input for the class that doesn't work.

The thing that throws the error is this line:
temp=$stdin.gets

>You should write your platfrom(versions of Windows and cygwin),
>ruby version and so on.  Or nobody can't answer you.

Win2kPE running 165-2, the version downloadable from
<http://www.pragmaticprogrammer.com/ruby/downloads/ruby-install.html>

I don't actually have Cygwin, I'm just using the Cygwin version of Ruby.
// Liorean