On 12/03/2010 17:01, Roger Pack wrote:
> It is free but unless you register will give you a popup at startup time
> saying "your license has expired" (then allowing you to continue):)

Yeah, e needs quite a bit of love on Linux still. I don't believe that
"your license has expired" message is intentional.

> The only open source textmate clone I'm aware of is Redcar.  It just
> released a new version with snippets now:)
>
> http://redcareditor.com/2010/03/redcar-034dev-released/

I like Redcar a lot, but sadly they announced this not so long ago:

"We°«ve also officially dropped plans to support Textmate commands now.
Textmate highlighting (done) and snippets (to be done soon) will still
be supported, but commands are extremely difficult to make work cross
platform, and we have some other ideas that we think are more exciting."

-- http://redcareditor.com/2010/02/redcar-033dev-released/

So it's no longer a Textmate clone, strictly speaking, which is a shame.
The "other ideas" sound interesting, though.

Charles