On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 10:57 PM, Rajkumar Surabhi
<mailtorajuit / gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have migrated with some tables in my application. After some days i
> need to add few more tables to database. The initial tables in database
> have some data. when i try to migrate the database for second time with
> rake db:migrate it is saying the alredy table exist <table name> and
> rake is aborted. i dont want to loose the old data and i want to add new
> tables to alredy exiested database
>
> how to do this. Please help me.
>

> Regards,
> Rajkumar.
> --
Rails.

A first thought, though, since it sounds like you are talking about
ActiveRecord, would be that you must have named your tables something you
already have in the db. Check to see if this is the case by looking at your
db/schema.rb file, maybe you already implemented it and forgot. If this is
the case, then you should have another migration which already adds this
table, you might look and see what you did there to figure out why you are
confused. If it isn't the case, then you probably need to use more
creativity when naming your tables :P and you'll want to look into
rename_table at
http://api.rubyonrails.org/classes/ActiveRecord/Migration.html