Richard Conroy wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 7:24 PM, Nick Brown <nick / nick-brown.com> wrote:
>   this question comes up a fair bit.

Ruby moves so quickly that it's worth asking questions frequently, as
the answers from six months ago are often obsolete   ;-)

> I think most of the Ruby/ActiveDirectory
> integration issues end up directing people to the various ldap options
> for Ruby.

Net-ldap does work! But it requires that I solicit usernames and
passwords. And the "activedirectory" gem seems to be broken and
unmaintained.

> I would also look and see if anyone has built any Rack Middleware around
> this.

I looked for a way to use Rack on IIS. I didn't find anything considered
"stable" and compatible with MRI  :-/

I would love to hear experiences from someone who actually has a
production application using kerberos/AD/MRI.