On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 7:24 PM, Nick Brown <nick / nick-brown.com> wrote:

> Well, I want to start using Rack-based apps (such as Sinatra), but I
> still want seamless authentication. I don't want to force users to type
> their passwords--I want the browser and the web server to do seamless
> kerberos authentication.
>
> What are my options? I gather that there are no Rack implementations for
> IIS. Has anyone successfully managed to get something like this working
> on Apache/Passenger? Or is there a better option? Or is it possible to
> trigger kerberos at the application level?

Nick,
  this question comes up a fair bit. I think most of the
Ruby/ActiveDirectory
integration issues end up directing people to the various ldap options for
Ruby.

I would also look and see if anyone has built any Rack Middleware around
this.

Sorry I can't be more help.
--
http://richardconroy.blogspot.com