Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> I really think that this problem is a minor one, and not worth all the
> noise around it.

It may be a minor problem on the individual level, but a minor problem
which is very wide-spread becomes a much larger problem cumulatively.
Just changing the way the packages are named would probably solve this
minor-yet-common usability issue.

> I'll see with the other maintainers if there's a way we
> can improve the situation slightly. But the licensing issues involved
> make me fear that it is unlikely.

Awesome, thanks for checking! Maybe making the "ruby" package part of
the repository that isn't picky about licenses, and putting the
"ruby-minimal" package in the standard repository would help...

> That's not a reason to consider [a rude tone] acceptable.

Agreed! But since the problem will never be solved, we might as well
just accept that Internet anonymity causes temporary brain damage in
some people, and we should pity those so afflicted rather than let them
upset us ;-)