On 18/03/10 at 16:43 +0900, gf wrote:
> I agree, Lucas, thank for maintaining the package. I understand you're
> trying to hit a very elusive target, and often probably working from a
> poor set of requirements as far as what we, the users, want.
>
> I always wanted a current package of Ruby with rubygems installed, the
> drivers for Postgres and MySQL, SSL support, and libxml2 and Nokogiri.
> That would give me the ability to process XML and HTML, talk to the
> two primary DBs I've used over the last five years, talk to secured
> services on the internet, etc., as soon as the install finished. As
> is, I've always had to do those things before I could start to use
> Ruby on a box in our enterprise.

Isn't that available if you apt-get install ruby rubygems libpgsql-ruby
libmysql-ruby libopenssl-ruby libxml-ruby libnokogiri-ruby?

I hope you understand that it is not reasonable to expect this to be
part of the default Debian install, or even to expect that installing
"ruby" would install "libpgsql-ruby libmysql-ruby libopenssl-ruby
libxml-ruby libnokogiri-ruby" too.
--
| Lucas Nussbaum
| lucas / lucas-nussbaum.net   http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/ |
| jabber: lucas / nussbaum.fr             GPG: 1024D/023B3F4F |