I agree, Lucas, thank for maintaining the package. I understand you're
trying to hit a very elusive target, and often probably working from a
poor set of requirements as far as what we, the users, want.

I always wanted a current package of Ruby with rubygems installed, the
drivers for Postgres and MySQL, SSL support, and libxml2 and Nokogiri.
That would give me the ability to process XML and HTML, talk to the
two primary DBs I've used over the last five years, talk to secured
services on the internet, etc., as soon as the install finished. As
is, I've always had to do those things before I could start to use
Ruby on a box in our enterprise.

That's just my $0.02 wishlist.