________________________________
From: Charles Oliver Nutter <headius / headius.com>
To: ruby-talk ML <ruby-talk / ruby-lang.org>
Sent: Wed, 10 March, 2010 8:12:11 PM
Subject: Re: Ruby::DL vs Ruby::FFI

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 10:08 AM, Daniel Berger <djberg96 / gmail.com> wrote:
> FFI will build on Windows, so long as you're using mingw and gcc.
> Actually, FFI won't build on any platform without gcc at the moment as
> far as I know, so if you were thinking of building it with the Sun
> Studio Compiler or the HP-UX compiler, for example, you're out of
> luck.

JRuby supports FFI on Windows just fine.

- Charlie

JRuby isof course an excellant option for us, but it can still improve if it starts supporting win32ole
we need win32ole since we are required to parse some MS apps generated *.xml files
and they are generated by MS DOM impl, sometimes REXML just errors out and MSXML does it fine