Une BĂ©vue wrote:
> then, i think, may be i'm wrong, that any text editor open a file show
> it and close it afterwards even the file is still visible in that text
> editor where the Finder lock the file when it is selected.

That sounds quite likely.

> then lsof nor fuser are no help in my case because i want to avoid
> opening a file under editing...

Then the solution depends on your editor.

For example, under Linux, if I create file foo then do "vi foo", lsof
and fuser show that foo is not open. However, a lockfile ".foo.swp" is
created, and this is what prevents another vi instance from editing it.

If I edit the file in joe, then nothing is changed until I start typing
into that window. Then it creates ".#foo" which is a symlink to the user
and the pid of the joe instance. That is: the lock is only created when
I start to modify the buffer.

So there doesn't appear to be a universal way of handling this, although
perhaps Apple prescribe a standard way for applications to adhere to.

Useful command to see if any new dot-files are created:

ls -lArt | grep ^\\.

(newest files appear at the end of the list)

HTH,

Brian.