Brian Candler wrote:
> You did google for 'ruby plist' already?

Yes. Although none of them provide the same kind of options that I shall
be providing. Actually, this gem aims to do is use those as pluggable
`backends`. Eg for reading/writing a binary plist on OS-X, the gem can
detect and use RubyCocoa. (which may be faster / natively supported
Apply code). However for reading / writing a binary plist on Linux, it
might failover to either Ben's github gist or ckruse/CFPropertyList (a
ruby library).

They are here:

http://github.com/bleything/plist
http://gist.github.com/303378
http://github.com/ckruse/CFPropertyList

I also have my own xml based parser / writer which uses libxml / haml.
Its not known yet which implementations are the more stable, reliable
and effecient. Hence a pluggable backends strategy kindda seems to make
sense to me. I've already worked with something similar in the GeoKit
gem.

One thing I was hoping to find out by coming here was:

Maybe someone had written a ruby DSL for manipulating other kinds of
files. Like .jpeg images, pdf files, or some other neat interface for
writing their structured data. Then it might help this plist editing
interface better by taking their lessons learned.