On 2010-03-09, Aytug Gurbuz <axabert / hotmail.com> wrote:
> It wouldn't matter releasing the code as long as the code is MINE.
> However, if I develop software for a company, and if a rival gets a hold
> of the code; you can consider me fired.

Why?

I work for a company.  They pay me to write code, all of which is at the
very least shown to other people, and much of which we release under
GPL.

> What about closing the code in UNIX or Linux?

In general:
1.  You can't.
2.  You shouldn't try.

It's not worth it.  There's no way to make something other people can run
but can't figure out how it runs.

-s
--
Copyright 2010, all wrongs reversed.  Peter Seebach / usenet-nospam / seebs.net