Hi,

In message "Re: key comparision inside Hash"
    on 02/03/15, Vladimir Dozen <Vladimir.Dozen / osw.com.ru> writes:

|  What I cannot get is why Object::hash cannot be used for key? I had to
|  define my own hash() to force key to be found; why cannot Object::hash
|  compute hash based on all object variables? This would simplify things
|  a bit.

Because the default semantic of "eql?" is equivalence ("equivalence"
means true iff two objects are same object).

One possible new semantic is that if object is T_OBJECT then "hash"
and "eql?"  test would be based on its class and instance variable
values.  RCR?

							matz.