I've read that "threading is considered harmful" for Ruby web apps.
Well, I'm writing a Sinatra app which will build a page based on the
in parallel, as doing them synchronously would obviously mean the users
would wait for a long time.

Would it be "considered harmful" to do:

  resp_a, resp_b, resp_c = nil
  thread_a = Thread.new { resp_a = Net::HTTP.get site_a }
  thread_b = Thread.new { resp_b = Net::HTTP.get site_b }
  thread_c = Thread.new { resp_c = Net::HTTP.get site_c }
  thread_a.join
  thread_b.join
  thread_c.join

Is there any possible harm that could come from this? Can threading
interfere with Rack in some way? I haven't done much previous
development of threaded apps, so I would appreciate any tips.