That looks like standard HTTP authentication (Basic/Digest).

You will need a regular HTTP client library in order to supply credentials,
like Httparty, HttpClient, Mechanize etc.

You might have better luck with Celerity ( a JRuby implementation of Watir,
that uses a pure java Http Client, instead of automating a browser) - the
API
might expose methods for dealing with HTTP auth instead of form
authentication.

There are a LOT of Ruby HTTP libraries out there - you might have to do a
bit of homework
on them and their feature sets.

Also double check the Watir site. Popups of all kinds are a real annoyance
there, and they
have developed a couple of interesting workarounds. They might also
recommend alternatives
that I haven't mentioned here.