thunk wrote:
> Recently I started thinking of other potential advantages of doing
> this as we grow toward 400 or so records.

That still sounds like a pretty small system.

If your entire collection of objects can sit in RAM, have a look at
"madeleine". This is a simple object persistence mechanism - a few
hundred lines of code, simple enough to understand in its entirety. It
marshals your graph of objects to disk, and can also do transaction logs
for incremental changes.

Of course you won't get the HTTP API and replication which CouchDB gives
you. CouchDB's incremental map-reduce is also awesome, but with 400
objects, you can happily just do a linear scan :-)

Regards,

Brian.