On Mar 8, 2:10=A0am, botp <botp... / gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 7, 2010 at 11:20 PM, Luis Lavena <luislav... / gmail.com> wrote=
:
> > win32console version 1.3.0.beta2 has been released!
>
> Hi Luis, thanks for this gem. I've been waiting something like this.
> Quick q: does it implement all the features listed herehttp://www.xav.com=
/perl/site/lib/Win32/Console.html=A0?

> thanks and best regards -botp

win32console gem is a wrapper around this project:

http://rubyforge.org/projects/win32console/

Which is a direct port from Perl.

That means API-wise should be pretty similar.

However, I've asked before what is the usage of win32console here:

http://blog.mmediasys.com/2009/12/17/win32console-upcoming-changes-and-feed=
back/

And people responded that they mainly use to mimic ANSI coloring in
the terminal, not all the Win32::Console functionality.

Also, in this release it no longer automates the codepage conversion,
which will need to be done manually. See here:

http://github.com/luislavena/win32console/blob/master/History.txt#L16-24

HTH,
--
Luis Lavena