On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 8:22 AM, Sean DeNigris <sean / clipperadams.com> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> Does anyone have a method for interacting with a running Ruby
> process?
> GUI, and then somehow drive it from cucumber.
> solutions like Mac applescript GUI scripting to no avail.
>
> Google produced a lot of info on irb and gdb, but I can't see how (if
> it's even possible) to extend those techniques to what I'm attempting.
>
> The only thing that seemed promising was wx-nobbie, a gem that can
> test wxruby apps, but it runs all tests against the same instance of
> the app, which does not work for me.

Do you mean you want to test the GUI component of it? I don't know
anything firsthand about that, but I just noticed a book at Border's
called _ Scripted GUI Testing with Ruby_.

<http://www.amazon.com/Scripted-Testing-Ruby-Pragmatic-Programmers/dp/1934356182/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1268018319&sr=8-1>